Seven stand alone shows unite to build bigger, better event
Having previously operated as seven superior, stand-alone shows to wow and educate the design, architecture, construction and real estate professionals, this year Informa Canada is poised to produce its biggest and best show yet. IIDEXCanada, Construct Canada, PM Expo, Concrete Canada, Home Builder & Renovator Expo, Construct International, and The Real Estate Forum (Toronto), will come together in one show under one roof as The Buildings Show, North America’s largest exposition, networking and educational event for construction, design, and real estate professionals.
The Buildings Show will take place at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre from Dec 3rd-5th. The North Building will host IIDEXCanada and Construct International Dec 3rd and 4th, while the South Building will host Construct Canada, PM Expo, Concrete Canada, Home Builder & Renovator Expo, and The Real Estate Forum (Toronto) over the three days.
“While maintaining its longstanding brand for excellence, the expansion of the Show will significantly maximize the value for attendees and exhibitors active across building design, construction, and real estate sectors,” says Informa Canada’s Vice President, George Przybylowski. “These previously individual shows are now part of a much larger and more impactful event serving the North American market. Under The Buildings Show umbrella, attendees and exhibitors from across the world will have unique access to an unparalleled opportunity for education, connectivity and world-class programming.”
For many years, these independent building sector expositions have served as the preeminent meeting places for architects, designers, builders, contractors, engineers and renovators, along with building owners, developers, property managers, and other real estate professionals seeking the latest trade information, industry best practices, innovative products and services, and networking opportunities.
True to its longstanding reputation for insight and information related to the real estate sector, The Buildings Show will continue to deliver unparalleled access and connectivity for its exhibitors and attendees, while offering cross-over opportunities between programs.
Highlights of The Buildings Show include:
- Construct Canada Architecture Roundtable – Game Changers: Architects on the Front Lines of Innovation – a panel of industry thought leaders discussing spatially complex and programmatically innovative approaches to the new challenges and changing technology facing the industry
- IIDEXCanada Interior Design Roundtable – The #IIDEX14 Interior Design Roundtable will discuss the role of technology as it changes the way we live, work, and design
- 2015 and Beyond: State of the Industry Panel Discussion A Forecast for the Creation, Acquisition, Management and Leasing of the Built Environment -Join the Presidents of the RAIC/Architecture Canada, BOMA Canada, CoreNet and Interior Designers of Canada (IDC) as they reveal and discuss their predictions for 2015
- IIDEX Woodshop – a showcase of 15 innovative wood prototypes that utilize Toronto’s untapped ash wood resource
- Construct Canada Seminar on the Humber River Hospital – North America’s first fully digital hospital which uses the most current technologies to enhance all aspects of quality care delivery, and improve efficiency, accuracy, reliability and safety
- IIDEXCanada Startup Space – a special feature exhibition that will showcase office concept spaces for startup tech culture at IIDEXCanada
- Green Building Demonstrations in the South Building on products that contribute to sustainable and energy-efficient construction and the greening of new and existing buildings
- IIDEXCanada Light Canada – this bi-annual lighting expo showcases lighting products, cutting edge lighting designs, new technologies and materials
Across its various platforms, The Buildings Show offers a range of “not-to-be-missed” keynote seminars presented by a roster international speakers, including presentations at IIDEXCanada by David Rockwell (President and Founder, Rockwell Group); architect, Daniel Libeskind (Principal Design Architect, Studio Daniel Libeskind); and David Mirvish and architect, David Nam (of Gehry Partners LLP). Canadian Tire CEO Stephen Wetmore will be speaking at The Real Estate Forum (Toronto), while Waterfront Toronto CEO John Campbell headlines Construct International.